- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, projectschedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation requirements.
- Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements and architecture.
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams in the development of internal and third party software to support the detailed designs.
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses and resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Background software development using Java, Spring Source, Hibernate, Wicket
- SQL development is a must
- Operational knowledge of Linux a plus
- Background knowledge of UX design would be extremely beneficial
- Experience in gathering reporting requirements, designing and implementing insightful solutions (Automations, Reports, Dashboards, Metrics, KPI’s) and ETL tools such as Pentaho
- Knowledge of relational, multi-dimensional and NoSQL database architectures a plus.
- Knowledge of ‘big data’ technologies such as Hadoop, Map Reduce, Clustering, Recommendation Engines, Cloud Technology a plus
- Courses in advanced mathematics, and computer programming
- Must be a team-player and be able to work closely with technical teams and business users
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience