HVAC Service Technician
Department 4 - Service Tampa, Florida
Bonus, Vehicle/GasCard, iPhone, and iPad! Free Medical 100% company paid base plan for all employees!
The HVAC Service Technician will be responsible for performing service, repair and maintenance of commercial air conditioning equipment including, but not limited to; air handlers, air cooled chillers, water cooled chillers, cooling towers, pumps, packaged rooftop, fans, boilers, and on-board controls.
- Troubles shoot, service and repair as needed all types of mechanical equipment.
- This includes accurate diagnostics of refrigeration and electronics circuits with the ability to repair and replace components as it pertains to HVAC and other mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to clearly and professionally communicate to customers any issues that are discovered during maintenance procedures and or repairs that may be required.
- Be able to communicate to the office any additional work that may be required or will require a follow up proposal.
- Adjust schedules and project timing to best fit the needs of the company and our customers.
- Perform all required duties while adhering to the company safety policies and regulations.
- Overtime and being on call are required.
- Keep abreast of new technologies as they emerge.
- Two (2) years minimum field experience with a solid understanding of air conditioning, heating and HVAC systems.
- A two (2) year Technical College Degree or equivalent Trade School Diploma preferred.
- Must be competent in the proper installation and service practices for duct systems, DX piping systems, chilled water piping systems, thermal storage systems and building automation systems.
- Pass entrance exam with 70% score or higher.
Executes all tasks in a safe manner and utilize safe work practices as appropriate. Will wear protective equipment when entering areas requiring same (Hard Hats, Work Boots, etc.).
Undergo DPAS training necessary for travel to worksites (if applicable). Will train on OSHA 10, 30 as appropriate.
Must be able to see well (either naturally or with correction); use hands, fingers, arms and legs fully; lift up to 50 lbs., stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; climb and balance on ladders and scaffolds; stand for long periods of time.
Free Medical 100% company paid base plan for all employees! *HSA *Dental *Vision *Life Insurance *Short and Long Term Disability *401K Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) *Paid Time Off with Pay (PTO)*Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) *Wellness Incentives *Learning and Career Advancement Training *Apprenticeship Programs and More!
Equal Opportunity Employer
B & I Contractors, Inc. (“B & I”) prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination based on any legally protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, gender (sex), disability, age, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. It is the policy of B & I to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons in accordance with all applicable federal, state and any local laws governing non-discrimination in hiring, discipline, termination, promotion, compensation, training and allocation of benefits. If you believe you have been discriminated against, you are encouraged to follow the complaint procedure below. Employees making good faith reports of any kind of discrimination will not be retaliated against.