The purpose of this role is to ensure that projects are set up properly to be executed to the highest standards in a variety of market sectors. Position requires skills as an estimator, scheduler, site safety reviewer, team builder and effective communicator. This position will lead the preconstruction and estimating efforts and interface with and support the Project Executives, Project Managers and Field Managers at Blum.
- Manage complex and multiple estimating assignments.
- Understand and execute multiple delivery methods including hard bid, negotiated, and design build.
- Proficient in Estimating Software: Smartbid, Plan Swift, MC2, Bluebeam and Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook) or similar.
- Ability to read project plans, perform project takeoff and interpret project specifications.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploys this throughout the preconstruction/estimating process.
- Provides detailed and accurate information in a timely manner.
- Sets high expectations and achieves them regardless of the barriers.
- Ensures that the best bids are obtained for each trade, based on the needs of the project.
- Prepares multiple budgets for owners/clients at different design intervals. This could include budgets at conceptual design, schematic design, design development and final GMP pricing. Provide thorough reconciliation and budget analysis for clients and internal review.
- Capable of training others with less experience to provide quantity take-offs.
- Perform all duties of the Assistant Preconstruction Estimator should project size, budget, or staffing limitations exist.
- Communicates effectively with operations team to produce accurate deliverables to owner and/or design team.
- Build effective working relationships and interact with clients, designers, engineers, subcontractors/suppliers and the FLB project team members.
- Attend and perform project site visits or pre-bid meetings.
- Identify and prepare value engineering opportunities.
- Define, prepare, and develop scopes of work and/or project bid packages.
- Develop and maintain relationships with trade contractors and suppliers.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative and cooperative team environment.
- Well organized with an emphasis on time management.