Tech USA is currently looking for a Plant Engineer in Winnfield, LA. Reporting to the Plant Manager, This position is responsible for specifications and design of plant facilities and equipment for the Production Facilities that will achieve the desired result in the most cost efficient manner while enhancing the environment, safety, quality, and long-term profitability of the facility.
Plant Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- The Plant Engineer is the owner and accountable of all plant assets, responsible for controlling, tracking and reporting spending of the capital budget and the maintenance budget. May also function as a project manager for smaller capital projects.
- The Plant Engineer is the Management Representative for the PSM (Process Safety Management) program and is responsible for its implementation and maintenance.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to ensure project plans and work in progress will meet desired outcomes.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Analyzes and plans maintenance work force utilization, predictive/preventative maintenance, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Provide technical advice on plant operations and improvements. Prepares engineering analysis of projects that includes preliminary design, detailed design, project cost analysis, life cycle cost analysis and equipment selection
Plant Engineer Job Requirements:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5-10+ years plant maintenance/engineering/project engineering experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel throughout the facility.
- Ability to increase responsibilities after a period of time.
- Experience in TPM, 6 Sigma, Lean, 5S.
- Experience in PSM program implementation and maintenance.
- 5 - 7 years: Plant Maintenance/Engineering/Project Engineering Experience
- Bachelors or better in Chemical Engineering or related field