Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Superintendent to join their team in Colorado. This candidate must be willing to travel when required throughout the state of Colorado and in Wyoming. The candidate will also need to have expeirence with Water Wastewater Treatment plant New construction projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of jobsite safety, including employee, subcontractors, suppliers, and other individuals authorized to be on the jobsite.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for selecting construction practices and methods for accomplishing the work.
- Prepare weekly look ahead schedules, crew tasks lists, and labor tracking reports.
- Prepare daily reports.
- Insure field crews have correct work packages. Responsible for ordering and renting construction material and equipment.
- Assist in creation and updating of project schedule.
- Preparation and timely delivery of timecards.
- Review of purchase receipts.
- Interpretation, distribution, and management of weekly labor reports.
- Responsible for implementing the project Quality Management Plan.
- Responsible for planning and staffing of field personnel.
- Monitor work performance and productivity of crafts to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained. Provide daily interface with owner and owner’s representatives.
- Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required. Maintain liaison with other departments, i.e. purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support construction schedule. Assumes the project manager role when the job does not have one.
- Relevant experience with heavy civil construction projects.
- Prior experience and expertise with water/wastewater projects preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel to different project sites.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intimate knowledge of earthworking, concrete form systems, concrete placement, metals work, carpentry, and mechanical work.
- Working Conditions: 100% of the time is spent on the project. Must be able to work flexible hours and locations throughout the area and/or other cities/states.