- Manage estimating processes and timelines to meet company objectives, both short and long term.
- Analyzes bid documents, in conjunction with Business Development, to qualify targeted opportunities.
- Receives new project documents and evaluates their contents to conceptually understand the project, including type of building, systems, key scope elements, and major factors for award.
- Develops conceptual engineering capabilities, including system selection, layout, and sizing.
- Sources, contacts, solicits bids from, and distributes support documents to subcontractors and vendors.
- Estimates interim designs to track and confirm pricing.
- Perform necessary research to produce accurate, complete and competitive pricing.
- Communicate with customers to define the project scope, address deficiencies, negotiate pricing and build relationships.
- Provide leadership, direction and training to assigned estimating team members.
- Prepare and present completed estimating packages to company executives and senior management.
- Continuously follow up on all bid projects and accurately forecast future awards/probabilities.
- Partner with Operations to properly transfer awarded projects and perform buyouts when necessary.