In the Industrial Electrical Estimator position, the key responsibilities include:
- Estimate material, personnel and time requirements to complete projects.
- Examine work orders to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Order material/parts.
- Provide start to finish support and follow-up to customers and the project foreman to ensure company quality and performance standards are reached.
- Perform take-offs.
- Draft change orders.
- Complete appropriate forms, reports and other required paperwork.
- Attend staff/sales meetings.
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, subordinates or customers in order to provide/receive information by telephone, two-way radio, in written form, in person or by email.
- Use computer systems to enter, access or retrieve data.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to ensure accurate billing is conducted.
- Request/be present for municipality inspections.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code.
- Knowledge of A/C & D/C motors, A/C & D/Cvariable speed drive systems, motors (single and three-phase), motor control systems,L.C. systems, process control systems, and industrial electronics, circuit boards, computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, maintenance and safe operation.
- Knowledge of techniques and standards for installation/connection of electrical equipment to power circuit.
- technicians and standards for removal/disconnection of electrical equipment from power circuit.
- Knowledge of techniques and standards for installing repaired/replacement equipment in various industrial settings, such as refinery, printing plant, mill, steel service centers, etc…
- techniques and standards for performing scheduled preventative maintenance tasks.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Project), MasterBuilder and Accubid.
- Valid government Issued Drivers License
- Proof of Work Authorization