We are looking for an experienced Backhoe Operator to join our sister company, Mears Pipeline Construction. In this role, you'll join field crews and contribute to the successful completion of underground pipeline projects. Operators work directly under the project foreman and superintendent. Experience working in and around pipelines is a must given the sensitive nature of our work all work is held to the highest quality and safety standards.
- Comply with operating safety rules and regulations per OSHA safe practices
- Prepare and maintain equipment for safe daily operations (i.e. fuel, grease etc.)
- Operates Backhoe for general site preparation, excavation, backfill, and related assignments.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on equipment and vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Able to perform safe and clean trench excavation and backfill
- Able to set and pull shield shoring in accordance to OSHA safe practices
- Able to interact with foreman, superintendents and governing authorities to effectively manage project
- May perform laborer duties when required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.