The VDC Engineer supports the Project Manager and the Superintendent. The VDC Engineer works with the Design Manager, Field Engineers, Office Engineers and Project Engineers as a resource and in a support function and is responsible for model management and is the primary liaison for BIM coordination between the design team, the engineering team, the specialty trades and operations.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Familiarity with VDC resources, including software, hardware and personnel.
- Familiarity with Corporate VDC resources and processes.
- Coordination with IT personnel and familiarity with IT systems and processes.
- Support Project Managers and Superintendents in office and field related VDC activities.
- Support on-site training.
- Working knowledge of VDC software and hardware systems, processes and best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of project team VDC uses and contractual deliverables.
- Development of project VDC Project Execution Plans and project VDC implementation strategies in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Management and coordination of Architectural, MEP FP, structural, civil, specialty and site components of the model.
- Identification and resolution of clash detection and design issues.
- Management of information dissemination and issues resolution in the model.
- File management.
- Quality assurance oversight on model reliability, structure and content.
- Archiving of models preconstruction through post construction.
- Archiving of VDC models and VDC proposals including written and visual presentations.
- Disseminate information throughout the District’s projects.
- Utilization of Prolog or other project specific information management systems.
- Degree in Construction Management or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with modeling software – Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or SketchUp preferred
- Proficiency with coordination software – Navisworks preferred
- Basic understanding of mechanical and structural construction documents
- Excellent problem-solving skills and capacity for learning new things
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines