To troubleshoot, calibrate, repair and maintain all plant electrical, instrumentation and electronic equipment. Ensure trouble-free operation of all environmental recording systems such as gas analyzers and continuous emissions monitoring systems. To complete specific projects assigned by supervisor.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Perform all electrical repair work, preventative maintenance and emergency call-out tasks on plant electrical equipment while always maintaining code regulations, good craftsmanship, quality and professionalism.
- Ensure >95% reliability on gas analyzers, with document proof of all calibration records.
- Ensure >99% reliability on all Continuous Emissions Monitors (CEM’s). Document and sign all calibration records as proof of correct operation for the Environmental Protection Agency. Perform annual RATA testing on the same to ensure Environmental compliance.
- Remain knowledgeable of environmental regulations and permitted emissions levels.
- Update existing prints and documentation to reflect any changes to the equipment. Approve vendor supplied prints and documentation as new systems/instrumentation is installed
- Maintain and program Variable Frequency Drives and Motor Protection Relays (Multilins). Maintain records of all saved parameters for VFD’s and Protection relays.
- Develop job plans to inspect and maintain all plant weigh-scales and impact flow meters. Inspect and maintain all plant weigh-scales and impact flow meters, documenting all maintenance and calibration records.
- Program small remote PLC’s (Micrologics) as required and document program for future access and download.
- Make recommendations for modifying PM job plans throughout the facility
- Recommend additional spare parts requirements to immediate supervisor
- Comply with all safety regulations and practices for this facility
- Maintain integrity and general look of all electrical systems
- Maintain reliability of equipment within standards
- Work with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation, both within your work group and outside of your work group
- Troubleshoot potential concerns required to achieve and maintain maximum productivity
- Report maintenance problems to the immediate supervisor
- Supervise and/or train contractors and M & E employees, as required
- Generate work order requests and follow-up as required
- Document work order history when jobs are completed
- Document all problem solving efforts related to all repeat problems/issues in order to avoid rework and to establish a history related to that problem/issue.
- Read plans, drawings and manuals to aid in problem solving efforts
- Previous work experience in a MSHA environment (Cement, Lime, Coal, etc.)
- Experience with industrial process instrumentation (pressure, level, temperature, flow, etc.)
- Experience with continuous gas analyzers (process gas analyzers, emissions analyzers)
- Industrial electrical experience (this position may occasionally supervise the work of plant or contract electricians, especially while on call or during projects)
- Must be computer literate ( Word, Excel, Outlook )
- CMMS experience would be helpful (SAP or Maximo)
- A degree could be helpful but is not required
- PLC experience could be helpful but is not required
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the electrical field in the cement manufacturing or related industry.
- Must be able to work as part of a team to ensure continuous improvement in their functional area as well as the overall plant operations.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel through a cement plant, i.e., walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.).
The employee will at times be exposed to extremely hot/cold, dusty, noisy, or dark situations. At times, work will be performed at great heights or in small confined spaces.
The Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further. At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.