* Function as Lead Engineer on assigned engineering projects.
* Consult with internal and external customers on technical issues related to design and construction activities.
* Provide conceptual engineering documents for sales opportunities.
* Develop and define applicable design criteria including code compliance requirements.
* Oversee engineering analysis of projects to include preliminary design, calculations, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
* Deliver one-line diagrams, power/circuiting, interior lighting, panel schedules, site grounding, and site lighting among other custom design elements.
* Coordinate design requirements and constraints with other design professionals including Civil, Architects, Structural Engineers, and MEP Engineers.
* Prepare technical specifications to the level appropriate for the deliverable.
* Manage construction document production and reviews documents for compliance with engineering standards, defined design/brand criteria, contract requirements and applicable codes.
* Resolve project issues, scope changes, and field questions.
* Estimate design time required for Electrical components of the scope.
* Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
* Work as a technical leader in the Electrical discipline; train and mentor; lead by example.
* Maintain a safe work environment and encourage safety of others, especially when present at construction sites.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes and safety laws.
* Working knowledge of CAD; Revit is a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of ten years of related engineering experience.
* Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously; effective communication to plan work with the Electrical team.
* Fire alarm design capability is a plus.
* Municipal or high power design and/or controls experience a plus.
* Subject matter expert in one or more areas of engineering related to building construction.
* Understanding of architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection design activities.
* Understanding of construction and maintenance activities related to the MEP trades.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
* Professional Engineer license required
* Work requires occasional travel to attend meetings, site visits, and sales presentations.
* Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.