Our client brings together the best in media and technology driving innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, our client sets the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses, creating career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. The company is at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to their remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our client’s vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at the organization.
The software development and engineering position gives you an opportunity to work in one of the largest communication networks nationwide. You will be working collaboratively in an agile environment to develop and test enterprise class applications that will drive business processes. Our client is currently seeking highly motivated individuals who can bring fresh ideas and problem solving solutions to maintain the organization's position as a leading technology company.
- Candidate will be responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications.
- Completes programming and implements, tests, and debugs defined software components.
- Reviews, writes, and edits code in multiple core technologies. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results, and technical manuals.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related to area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- 7+years related experience
- Scripting languages - Python, and/or PERL, PHP would nbe a plus
- Experience in NoSQL storage solutions a plus – CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis
- Experience with additional technologies such as RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Apache Solr
- A self starter, demonstrating personal initiative and willingly assumes responsibility