We are looking for an energetic high-performing BI Engineer who will be responsible for both development on BI & Analtyics as well as software application design, development, testing, and problem resolution of software and web applications. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to major system projects. Applications may include custom developed software, commercial packaged software, or open-source software. Software may consist of on premise applications, cloud-based software and services, hybrid configurations, integration tools, or business workflow tools. Create and maintain documentation of all development activity. Act as a key contributor in a complex team environment with multiple departments, vendors and functions. May lead teams or projects while sharing your expertise
- Produce intelligence reports (obtain information from internal and external sources, assess the value and provide actionable insight).
- Work on ad-hoc requests and produce the required deliverables as mandated by the requests.
- Responsible for data quality both for the raw data as well as the integrity of the calculations used for Measures
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex data cleansing, data integration, and data warehouse system issues, identify the reasons for problems, failures and malfunctions and develop optimal solutions.
- Monitor data integration and reporting anomalies and make adjustments as required.
- Analyze requirements/ user stories and collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes, writing new code / API's, test and deploy applications, revise, refactor and debug existing applications
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects
- Bachelor"s degree required.
- 3+ years of database (SQL Server) development experience with excellent query and stored procedure skills (T-SQL)
- Should have strong experience with ETL using SSIS and other ETL tools. Should have excellent knowledge of building SSIS scripts and T-SQL Stored Procedures.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in Application Programming/Development designing, developing and deploying high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed transactional applications
- Deep knowledge of .NET Framework, MVC, Visual Studio, WebApi, design patterns, web and application servers
- Broad experience with component based web application frameworks and webservices integration.
- Must keep up to date with industry best practices and latest trends in BI & Analytics and incorporate them into the methodology at Heritage Insurance.
- Must be willing to work outside the normal scope of business hours
- Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals and other documentation.
- Working knowledge of system analysis, design, testing, software configuration and troubleshooting techniques.
- This position is based within an assigned region; travel throughout the region is required with occasional travel to locations beyond the assigned region.
- Company paid pre-employment drug test and health screening required.