The engineer in this position should have a wealth of experience engineering/installing datacenter equipment. The engineer will typically take on the more complex work and pull all aspects of a job together into a cohesive package. This would include the complete engineering of data centers including, but not limited to, infrastructure, overhead and underfloor racking, cabinets, network and server equipment, cable distribution, power (AC or DC), Cold Aisle Containment solutions, etc.
- High School diploma is necessary. Some college or technical school a plus. At least 3 years engineering experience or equivalent field experience in a data center environment BICSI certifications a plus
- An advanced understanding of various software packages including MS Word, spreadsheet/database programs such as MS Excel, MS Access
- Ability to quickly learn customer engineering databases and software.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities and must be able to consistently work under and meet strict deadlines.
- Must possess good leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets the most complex of documents, including technical specifications, white papers, data center drawings and documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to write engineering specifications.
Engineering Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to logically think through the process of telecommunication installation and engineering.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical specifications in order to translate such information into a detailed engineering spec. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual, technical, and practical problems.
- Ability to use common engineering tools effectively such as a tape measure, calculator, power lead calculator, etc.
- The employee will be required to use his/her hands 90% of the time to type, write, and handle paperwork.
- The employee will be sitting at a desk 80% of the time with walking between offices and other work areas from time to time. At times, employee is required to make customer visits to resolve problems or provide customer service.
- The employee may, from time to time, be required to lift weight (i.e., paper boxes) up to 15 pounds.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) is generally required, as the employee will be working at a computer and working with files & paperwork.
- The work environment will consist of a business office setting. That means a clean, air conditioned, setting including moderate noise levels (i.e., computers and printers, phones and light traffic).