Currently seeking an experienced Cost engineer to join a large GC/Engineering firm here in the Phoenix area.
Position Summary: Contributes to the development of new techniques and standards. Considered an expert in the field of cost engineering. Has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. The focus is to support the construction management and supporting cost control, change management, while at the same time understanding the larger project controls environment of planning/scheduling, estimating, and reporting.
The Cost Engineer active duties include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Facilitate the gathering of all cost data on this engineering and construction project.
- Monitor budgets for assigned projects.
- Prepare detailed computer generated cost reports, charts and diagrams.
- Provide analysis and review of cost/budget expenditures.
- Promptly report anticipated cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements.
- Attend project meeting to provide Project Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
- Analyze change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
- Contract Management Support
- Update contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, recommend budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of WBS structure.
- Review and validate estimates for change proposals and negotiate change proposals with contractors and consultants and other service providers.
- 5-10 years of construction experience.
- 2-3 years of cost engineering experience.
- Mid-level experience with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Application, such as Word, Powerpoint, and Visio.