Private Consulting firm is searching for a Mechanical HVAC Project Manager who will provide engineering consulting services and lead design team members for a variety of clients in various sectors.
Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction.
Responsible for the total management of specific projects including personnel, quality, client expectations and profitability.
- Lead the mechanical design team for a variety of clients.
- Coach and develop less experienced staff.
- Planning, design, & production of mechanical building systems using AutoCAD MEP or REVIT.
- Develop and manage design and construction documents including flow diagrams, plans and sections, details, specifications, equipment schedules, and calculations.
- Size and specify mechanical equipment including air handling units, chillers, cooling towers, compressors, etc.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare reports.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including site civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation, controls and architectural to create and update drawings and main documentation.
- Ensure that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Design of systems that meet green building standards.
- Address questions and issues during construction.
- Proactively work on best practices, engineering guidelines and internal procedures.
- Maintain internal and external networks to be informed of new developments in the field.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organize and prioritize work activities while utilizing efficient time management skills in meeting deadlines or staying on schedules with projects.
- Bachelor"s degree or higher in Mechanical or Industrial engineering.
- Minimum of 10-15 years Mechanical engineering design (HVAC, plumbing and fire protection) experience with commercial and residential architectural projects. For the Orlando position, must have strong experience in the Orlando market.
- Strong project management experience with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Licensed engineer in the State of Florida, but if not, must have a current NCEES record to be able to obtain a Florida license.
- Must be in good standing and without past disciplinary actions.
- Prefer experience with energy modeling, REVIT, Trane Trace, existing building systems conditions reporting and life cycle cost analysis.
- Proven successful project history in the coordination of Cost, Customer Service, Quality, and Schedule.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.