SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Supervise the daily activities of the jobsite, ensuring that the work is performed in a safe and organized manner. That the quality work produced complies with the quality program developed at project initiation and it complies with the drawings and specifications. The project is executed by the most cost-effective means and schedule is maintained or improved.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of subcontractors, material vendors and direct labor forces via planning with a short term look-ahead schedule and a detailed constraint analysis.
- Maintain open communication and goodwill with the Owner's representative by coordinating pertinent work activities, attending project progress/scheduling meetings and by understanding the clients expectations.
- Maintain project schedule controls and report problems or deficiencies to the Project Manager.
- Document on-site activities that may impede progress or compliance to project/contract requirements.
- Maintain strict control over the accuracy and quality for each work activity.
- Identify, document and coordinate extra work.
- Review and discuss change orders with the Project Manager prior to execution/authorization to proceed on additional work and/or change orders.
- Purchase miscellaneous materials and services necessary for project execution with approval of the Project Manager.
- Coordinate receipt of and inventory of all Owner supplied materials. Promptly notify owner and Project Manager of any damages, shortages or non-compliance with specifications.
- Provide status and photos weekly. Provide complete daily reports to the Project Manager.
- Ensure ALL dimensions verified before construction starts and confirm dimensions during the construction process. Immediately advise the Project Manager and Owner of any discrepancies.
- Review subcontract agreements related to the work for each trade. Identify exclusions and conflicts with contract documents and resolve same with the Project Manager.
- Maintain strict control over the budget for each work activity and assist in preparation of project status reports.
- Actively participate in GCC committees and embrace new policies and initiatives (Safety, Quality, Lean Construction, Zero Punch Lists).
- Make decisions in connection with negotiations where the individual is given reasonable latitude in carrying on those discussions, which is binding on the employer.
- Formulate recommendations for management"s consideration and possible implementation.
- A minimum of five years of construction experience with previous experience as a superintendent with supervision of subcontracted work, assistant PM or project engineer.
- Experience working in the Corporate, Cultural/educational, Healthcare, Living/lodging, Logistics/distribution, Manufacturing, Retail, Hotels, Theaters and Green building industries.
- Capable of constructing a Critical Path project schedule that shows a logical critical path, float, and durations with properly scheduled predecessors and successors in an organized work breakdown structure.
- Software skills in Primavera Scheduling and Microsoft Office programs.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to maintain current, complete set of project documents, blueprints, revisions, specifications and related items.
- Shows willingness to expand use of new technologies (G-Net, Daily Reports, Scheduling)
- Capable of creating, documenting, distributing, follow-up and completion of punch lists
- Has satisfactorily completed all required training