Tech USA is currently seeking a Construction Technician / Handyman to be a part of a dynamic and diverse team, with a well-established construction firm here in the Phoenix area. We are looking for individuals with the unique ability to perform a broad range of light remodeling tasks, confidently. This person would be doing the finish work on the construction of new multifamily apartmentments here in the Phoenix area.
A handyman is a worker who performs maintenance on buildings, like assisting with lighting fixtures, simple electrical work, simple plumbing, some plumbing, heating/air conditioning, doors, cabinets, appliances, etc)
- Punch List Carpentry: Help with final punch out including, but not limited to, finish trim, hardware install, accessories install, clean up, spackle or paint touch ups, straightening and organizing, removing materials from the job site, filling nail holes, grout or caulk touch ups, wipe down and vacuuming, finish plumbing or electric, etc.
- Carpentry Support: assist with tasks on site as needed, including framing, punching out cabinets, trim work, etc.
- Coordinate, direct, monitor, and inspect activities of the subcontractors and suppliers.
- Attend weekly coordination and safety meetings with general contractor and site supervision.
- Review, track, and get approval on additional work not outlined in the base contract scope.
- Insure OSHA safety and health guidelines are enforced on the jobsite and carry out weekly job
- 2+ years experience in related new construction/apartment maintenance. Knowledge of building trades; electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, plumbing and general building practices
- Must have own basic tools (specialty tools preferred )
- Must have basic understanding and skill level to self-perform construction trades like: drywall, painting, small asphalt repair, minor concrete work, door and hardware installation, carpet repairs, minor laminate and woodwork, mill work, as well as minor electrical, mechanical and plumbing work.
Immediate position! Please apply in with your resume or you may send it directly to email@example.com