Associate Business Systems Analyst
Works closely with other Analysts to formulate and define systems’ scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems. Works within the team to learn to conduct analyses of business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing logic, as necessary. Associates in this position will learn the full Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) to gain an understanding of the business impact of applications and the information technology available to meet those needs.
- Partners with the Business users and IT teams to capture the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Partners with other Analysts in developing requirements (business, user and software requirements -- functional and non-functional) and establishing traceability of business and functional requirements in support of the business vision.
- Partners with other Analysts to learn development of the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team.
- Works with the project manager and business user(s) and ensures individual adherence to requirements conflict resolution procedure and team structure.
- Participates in requirements sessions using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle for small projects that may cross 1 or 2 business or technical domains.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High School or GED Required
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for the 1 year of required experience Preferred
- Experience Level Experience Details Required/Preferred
- 1+ year of experience in an IT or Business Project role Required
- Other Health care experience Preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills Intermediate
- Demonstrated written communication skills Intermediate
- Ability to work as part of a team Beginner
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines Beginner
- Other Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present with clarity in written and graphic form. Beginner
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Preferred
- Microsoft Word Intermediate Required
- Microsoft Visio Beginner Preferred
- Other Knowledge of one form of technology or system platform, SQL, .Net, Java, etc. Beginner Preferred
- Other Knowledge of Agile or Waterfall methodologies Beginner Preferred
- Under immediate supervision, performs assigned tasks only as instructed, subject to regular check of performance.
- Provides resolution to an assortments of problems that are typically well defined, but some clarification or judgment is needed to proceed. Uses judgment within defined practices/procedures to determine appropriate action.