SUMMARY: The Associate Instructional Designer is responsible for conducting required analyses and designing training materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based and mobile training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Assist with conducting analyses.
- Design engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based and mobile training.
- Develop and package training products using computer-based training (CBT) authoring systems.
- Use established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Work with Graphic Artists, Programmers, and Subject Matter Experts in the development of interactive multimedia courseware.
- Research and identify data sources for instructional material development and additional information needed for instructor and participant materials.
- Design interactive training materials that include sound instructional design methodology, appropriate training strategies, and participant activities for small and large groups.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of trainee knowledge and performance.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines and targeted levels of interactivity.
- Keep abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at the current time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 1-3 years of direct ISD experience or MA/MS in related field and 1-2 years of direct ISD experience.
- Experience with authoring tools and related software for the purpose of producing multimedia training packages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
Strong written and presentation skills.