(Remote w/ Location Parameters to FL, WA, NC, TX, NY, MA)
Tech USA is seeking experienced Software Engineers for direct hire at a leading engineering company in the Tampa area. Our hiring partner focuses on moving quickly and following modern best practices to deliver best-in-class image and document manipulation tools. The ideal candidates have experience working across a variety of programming languages, and have strong backgrounds in computer science, in general. They are driven to learn in-demand and / or leading edge technologies quickly and bring confident problem-solving minds into new challenges.
This business partner is employee-centric, and looks to hire the right people vs just the right skills. They look to hire passionate and empathetic team members who are able to communicate across a variety of media (written, verbal, chat).
Specifically, this Software Developer will be primarily responsible for the product development and maintenance across a portfolio of products. In addition, this individual will:
- Remain current / up to date in tools / processes and software engineering best practices
- Contribute to architecture and design origination, and review for various company solutions
- Strive to influence technical decision-making
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Though this job does not have formal direct reports, Software Engineers are expected to work with an appropriate level of mentorship, leadership, and / or supervision, based on career stage
- Able to break complex problems into manageable pieces
- Able to work with others, even when difference of opinion
- Capable of asking clarifying questions to better define requirements
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions
- Understands how to make appropriate tradeoffs between ideal solution and time to market
- Makes others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring or serving as a Tech Lead on a project
- Strives to identify and proposes strategies around technical problems affecting their team
- Actively looks for opportunities to share information that is relevant to all teams
- Makes independent decisions; is actively learning how to handle difficult situations
- Puts the S in GSD (Gets Stuff Done)
- Participates in all stages of development life cycle
- Provide assistance to the Support Team on assigned customer support inquiries/projects. Demonstrates customer advocacy.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant technology or mathematic discipline, or a combination of education and experience.
- Willingness and demonstrated aptitude to learn additional coding skills, such as:
- Visual Basic, C++, C#, Objective-C,VB.NET