This position supports Plant Manufacturing and Technical Operations while maintaining a strong focus on continual Process Improvement, Optimization and Quality Assurance. Applies fundamental knowledge of basic principles, theories and concepts of industry standards and practices to design, automate, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment or processes used in processing or manufacturing products. Big emphasis is ensuring that the products produced in the US site meet both our internal and external customer quality standards and expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To develop and optimize product design and internal/machine processes, to improve, Quality/Efficiency of product and process e.g. Design out Product faults and production bottle necks.
- Monitors and revises processes to help generate cost savings and improve the quality and efficiency of product/process.
- Participates in design reviews to improve the ability to manufacture products.
- Responsible for the activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and performing process characterization and optimization studies using designed experiments, problem-solving and decision-making tools. Effective use of RCAs and FMEAs.
- Identifies and solves issues or problems with equipment/process. Troubleshoots possible causes and coordinates the activities of maintenance, production and other available resources to implement cost effective solutions.
- Provides coordination of new process installation and process changes including safety updates.
- Supports the capital expenditure process including planning scope of work and justification for projects.
- Improve process control scheme at the plant by updating process control plans, PFMEA's, and process work instructions; developing content with cross functional teams
- Serve as the primary Quality Assurance resource to department supervisor(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports. Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Manage document control process on the floor in the plant. Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Identify, initiate, and implement continuous improvement projects related to the QMS (Quality Management System) that benefit the site
- Assist in deploying QMS training for all employees
- Work closely with Quality Lab Supervisor to ensure effective implementation of receiving inspection