Our Client is currently seeking Plumber/Pipefitters to join their team in Phoenix.
- Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping, piping systems, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial processing systems. Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Performs a variety of duties which may often change.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cuts pipe using pipe cutters, port-a-band saw, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe, using threading machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, glass and plastic.
- Joins piping by means of welded, grooved, threaded, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Installs hanger systems as specified in construction documents.
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Loads and unloads construction materials from trucks and into buildings.
- Maintains good housekeeping and a safe work area.
- Teach, coach and provide direction to apprentices and helpers to work safely, deliver quality, and work productivity.
- Works safely, encourages others to do so, and complies with applicable health and safety-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Performs the duties of a helper as described separately.
- Minimum of three years industry experience.
- Completion of apprenticeship program and/or trade licensure preferred.
- Knowledge of International Mechanical Code (IMC) and OSHA safety regulations.
- Able to install work from drawings, submittals and specifications
- Able to read and understand project related documents in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math (addition, subtraction, division, fraction, and multiplication).
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Ability to make decisions based on information at hand.
- Work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Maintain a positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with coworkers other tradesmen.