- Actively update and refine Safety in Design specifications and checklists as related to the Tool Install Discipline.
- Be responsible for the safety posture and results for areas of responsibility on each project.
- Ensure that company safety policies and Site Specific Plans are proactively communicated and consistently enforced where needed on each project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Electrical Engineering services to design, specify, and approve power distribution required for the construction of high tech manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitate power quality studies, capacity studies, remediation, UPS and emergency power strategy, short circuit and load coordination studies, and control system strategies.
- Incorporation of renewable power sources into traditional power systems providing mission critical reliability.
- Provide technical direction to designers and drafters assigned to specific tasks.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of schematic and detailed designs.
- Thoroughly familiar with National Electrical Code, NFPA documents, EIA / TIA, and building codes.
- Able to incorporate ‘green’ features into design solutions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Engineering Manager.
- Working knowledge of NEC
- Load calculation – 480V, 5Kv and 15 KV level
- Three-phase feeder sizing for switchgear, switchboard, panelboards, motors (up to 250hp)
- Ability to check/review one-line diagrams and make corrections, as the load being added
- Competency in laying out electrical equipment on the plan and coordinate with mechanical, architectural and structural discipline
- Ability to route major (3”to 6”) conduits through the facility in coordination with space management
- Ability to size up large (up to 36” wide) cable trays for 15KV and 480V
- Very good skills with Excel-based panelboard schedules
- Ability to do all the above using AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of SKM Power Tools – highly desirable
- B.S., Electrical Engineering. 7+ years of experience. P.E. license by examination preferred but not required and previous, semiconductor, government, and data center/mission critical facility or manufacturing project experience is required.
- 5-10 years experience in semiconductor tool-install.
- Excellent CAD skills
- Excellent technical, organizational, and problem solving skills