Role and Responsibilities
Project Manager responsible for controlling time, cost and quality of construction projects. Plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process, working with owner, general contractors, engineers, architects, and vendors.
- Management of project deadlines, milestones and coordination from start to finish.
- Timely resolution of issues as they arise.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Actively participates in the coordination planning of materials, labor and deadlines.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary project specific permits.
- Supervises foremen and engineers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Conducts risk management assessments and strategies.
- Identifies areas for development, training or coaching in coordination with the project manager, foreman and/ or safety officer.
- Conduct routine performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Oversees safety initiatives in accordance with company strategy, Cal/OSHA and local compliance agencies in coordination with the company safety officer and human resources representative.
- Responsible for maintaining, tracking and forecasting gross margins
- Must approve RFIs
- Prepares, estimates and submits change orders in a timely manner
- Create budget structure along with detail description per cost code
- Create schedule of values and monthly billings on a timely manner.
- Weekly job site visits
- Mitigate financial impact of unforeseen conditions of a project
- Responsible for timeliness of submittal approval
- Works closely with Human Resource on personnel needs, performance issues and annual reviews
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree; or craft / trade school plus 10 + years of relevant experience
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to read and write English
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to work individually and in group setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to resolve issues constructively
- Effective time management skills
- Working knowledge of safety and compliance issues within the construction industry.
- Good phone and email etiquette skills
- Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, etc
- Knowledge of trade
- Ability to read and interpret sophisticated schematics and design plans.
- Strong mathematical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Experience in the construction industry
- Willing to step in and assist other department with other needs
- This job has supervisory responsibility of the Construction department