Project Engineer I assists the project team in obtaining, evaluating, coordinating and distributing the information and authorizations necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified. In the performance of this function the Project Engineer I is responsible for protecting and promoting the interests of both the business and client in all matters as well as demonstrating the personal characteristics of a developing leader.
- Prepare initial job schedule in accordance with the General Contractor (GC)/ Construction Manager (CM) schedule and update as needed, provide to the Project Manager (PM). Maintain schedule updates during the course of the project.
- Set-up job in Prolog and obtain all information from pre-construction to enter into Prolog.
- Study, amend and make recommendations for construction drawings and specification requirements and maintains current daily logs.
- Manage procurement of equipment and major material items and monitor installation on jobsites.
- Responsible for collecting necessary information from Project Foreman and Project Manager to produce RFI (Request for Information) in the proper format, log into Prolog and submit to GC/CM after PM approval.
- Responsible for pricing out the cost changes and submitting for PM approval.
- Recommend labor savings and other cost-saving methods.
- Works with the Superintendents and PM to prepare project schedule, including establishing dates for receiving shop drawings and other established milestones.
- Prepares with foreman productivity report for assigned projects
- Track and monitor shop drawings, samples, major material lists, equipment, and all other required project submittals.
- Research construction problems and provide recommended solutions to PM. Advise Project Foreman of any changes at all times.
- Collect all time & material tickets/co’s from Project Foreman and price it. Obtain PM approval, log it in and submit to CM/GC.
- Maintain logs which reflect status of shop drawings, requests for information, change order requests and proposal requests.
- Request monthly sub-contractors billing report and provide to the PM for approval on assigned projects, assist PM with any changes that must be made to enable an accurate application for payment with proper releases to submit to accounting in a timely manner each month.
- Responsible for preparing closeout documents at least 30 days prior to completion of project and ensure submission.
- Maintain assigned project folders on the NAS drive; Heavy Commercial as well as Prolog files. Verify at the end of the project all information is compiled to turn over for archiving; to the CFO.
- Bi-weekly CTC preparations in accordance with deadlines
- Collect weekly Foreman packets, sort, review, and distribute/scan
- Assist with re-submittals process