Currently seeking a Safety Engineer for a large construction site in the East Valley (commercial project). The Safety Engineer is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety and has a comprehensive knowledge for the day-to-day safety field operations for their assigned project including planning, coordinating, and enforcing safety regulations and codes while serving as the point of contact for safety related matters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees and makes decisions related to project safety, health, and environmental policies
- Make decisions related to work stoppage when circumstances are related to an immediate danger to life and health on a project
- Recommend and implement corrective action based on policies, guidelines and procedures
- Provide leadership on the project and build working relationships with project staff to ensure proper compliance
- Enforce safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all State, Federal, Local regulations, and owner/contractual requirements
- Educate and advise project staff on safety guidelines and policies
- Ability to work with all construction groups (owners, management, subcontractors, tradesmen)
Qualifications and Skills
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to identify known potential exposures and lead implementation of corrective actions
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in this or a similar role in the construction industry, preferably with a general contractor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field is preferred
Job Type: Full-time