Currently seeking Piping BIM/VDC Coordinator in the Chandler area for a long term assignment.
The selected candidate will create working shop drawings of a very complex nature using advanced detailing techniques, from engineering documents, that are used to support shop fabrication and field installation on various construction projects. This is accomplished by coordinating drawings with other trades and working closely with assigned Project Managers, construction supervisors, field personnel, vendors and design engineers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates construction and fabrication drawings using CAD equipment and peripherals for a variety of large complex commercial and industrial construction projects.
- Reviews construction drawings for apparent conflicts with architectural and structural contract documents and to ensure compliance with local code requirements.
- All issues identified during these reviews are brought to the attention of project management for clarification and resolution through the Request For Information (RFI) process.
- Reviews equipment submittal documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates draft construction drawings with other trades to ensure routings and clearances are understood and no obstructions exist.
- Performs site surveys and field measurement work as needed to support the conceptual and design drawing effort.
- Provides completed complex construction drawings to the shop for parts manufacture and to the job site management to use in construction and installation of material and equipment.
- A minimum of 5 years field experience with piping systems in commercial construction is required.
- Experience with Central Plant Piping and AutoCAD Mechanical experience is desired.