Our client in Northern Arizona is currently seeking a Commercial Estimator to join their team!
- Oversee all estimating activity to insure the accurate submission of competitive and profitable proposals, reviewing estimates, scope, pricing and assembly of proposals within prudent parameters.
- Formulate bidding strategy for all major projects, in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Delegate tasks and monitor progress of estimating team.
- Determine and allocate appropriate staff, in conjunction with the leadership team. Assign estimating activities, including personnel assignments, defining functions, authorities and responsibilities for subordinate personnel.
- Monitor all subcontract and purchase order activities, develop and maintain a cost database from historical data to facilitate efficient development of preliminary budgets and to provide a resource for comparison pricing to subcontractor and vendor quotations at bid time.
- Assist in managing the subcontractor prequalification system. Assure that subcontracts are issued only to contractors that have been properly vetted and qualified.
- Actively participate in the development of new clients. Cooperate with Business Development personnel in affecting proper goals and strategies.
- Active involvement in building subcontractor relationships. (Participation in ASA, or similar organization, can be the catalyst for this).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant construction estimating experience working in a broad range of general commercial building markets.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- Proficiency using estimating and takeoff software, such as WinEst, On-Screen Takeoff, and Microsoft programs.