Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews computer printouts against manually kept ledgers and makes corrections.
- Other duties may be assigned
One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.