Enterprise Applications: Solutions Architect (Mobile)
Creates software development architecture across multiple platforms and applications with primary focus on mobile development. Designs and implements software solutions across several technology platforms used by the organization with primary focus on mobile platforms.
- Designs, develops, and maintains application architecture across all mobile applications.
- Works with central Web Team, internal content owners, and external contractors to develop application solutions.
- Works with Application Development Manager, solutions architects, and developers to drive tactical and strategic vision of mobile platform.
- Leads multiple projects through Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Oversees all aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design, and implementation phases for projects within mobile solutions area.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in mobile technology platforms.
- Identifies new technologies and strategies relating to mobile development and looks for opportunities to apply them with focus on improving effectiveness.
- Mentors and guides programmer/analysts in all phases of application development.
- Writes and modifies application code in a variety of languages (C#, Java, objective-c) across heterogeneous platforms (.net, Xamarin, Android, iOS) according to departmental procedures and standards. Troubleshoots programming problems.
- Maintains all source code in distributed version control model using multiple tools. Develops and maintains quality procedures and documentation.
- Designs and develops relational and No-Sql databases
- Completes administrative requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge and understanding of current trends, laws, issues, and best practices affecting area of expertise within this financial services entity.
- Attends conferences, courses, seminars, workshops, and meetings that will increase professional knowledge and be otherwise beneficial to the company. This includes completing annual Compliance Training and understanding employee’s role in maintaining an effective compliance program, and completing FACTA training.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in application development.
- Advanced experience with C#, Java, and Objective-C.
- 3+ years of work experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- 5+ years of experience in relational database design.
- 2+ years with NoSQL / non-relational storage design.
- At least 1 year of professional work experience with cloud environments.
- Previous experience designing, developing and testing with Xamarin tools and launching mobile apps to the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Advanced knowledge of all .Net technologies, Windows Azure, and mobile platforms (Xamarin, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone).
- Knowledge of Network, TCP/IP and Server NT platforms.
- Advanced component and class design and development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of all Host-related communication mediums.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to document processes through flow-charts and specifications.