Tech USA is seeking a project manager with a minimum of 5 years of commercial construction experience. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day-to-day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk and business management of a particular project.
Management will be of commercial projects in one of the following markets: healthcare, higher education, advanced technology, life sciences and commercial. Project managers will work closely with all members of the project team, project executives and regional leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Management of all project team members (senior project engineer, project engineers, superintendents, and field office coordinator)
- Mentor, develop and train project engineers for fast-paced growth
- 100% detailed/hands-on knowledge of project scope
- Cost control/billings/collections/change management/cash flows/monthly status reports
- Key point of contact with owner and architect
- Challenge and support jobsite and self-perform work team
- Accountable for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results
- Coordinate and manage the execution of planning and scheduling of projects
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Ability to create and support team morale
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems
- Work scope requires complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar)
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
- This position is salaried
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.