Position Title: Directory Services Engineer (Active Directory Support)
Location: Fort Meade
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Designs and develops highly complex, integrated Active Directory solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
Provide legacy OS support: NT4, 2000 support
Provide IP & Name Resolution Services: DNS architecture and administration, internal and external facing, AD intergrated, appliances (InfoBlox preferred)
Provide WINS architecture and administrtion support
Provide Windows based DHP architecture and administration support
Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines.
• Recommends moderately complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
• Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
• Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
• Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
• Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.